After a little over a month and a half of research and shopping Shekinah and I are the proud owners of a 2006 Roadtrek RS Adventurous. We knew we were after a class B RV, something we could drive long distances in as well as navigate big cities. To accomplish the gas milage for the longer drives I new it would require a diesel engine. That quickly narrowed it down to only a few models which have all been built on a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter van.
I found a killer deal on a model built out by Roadtrek for sale in Mesquite, NV. So Shekinah, Solomon and I flew out to pick it up on a Friday and left, for our 5 week trip, the next day. It has been a blast so far and we look forward to the adventures we will have with it for years to come.
So far this trip I have been averaging right around 20.5mpg and have already put over 4,000 miles on it.
Here are some of the specs on the ride:
Mercedes-Benz Turbo Diesel (2.7 liter) (up to 25 MPG), 98K miles when I purchased
Fully Self-Contained, Microwave oven, two singles or king bed
Satellite Antenna (Auto Tuning), Generator (Onan propane)
140 watt Solar Panel with controller, 2 Trojan Aux Batteries
20 inch LCD W DVD Player (Digital/Analog), TV Antenna w Amp
Alarm System, Back-up Camera, GPS, 600 watt Inverter
Bike Rack, Roof Ladder, 3 way refrigerator
Video tour of the exact same year model and layout of our new ride.
I found a killer deal on a model built out by Roadtrek for sale in Mesquite, NV. So Shekinah, Solomon and I flew out to pick it up on a Friday and left, for our 5 week trip, the next day. It has been a blast so far and we look forward to the adventures we will have with it for years to come.
So far this trip I have been averaging right around 20.5mpg and have already put over 4,000 miles on it.
Here are some of the specs on the ride:
Mercedes-Benz Turbo Diesel (2.7 liter) (up to 25 MPG), 98K miles when I purchased
Fully Self-Contained, Microwave oven, two singles or king bed
Satellite Antenna (Auto Tuning), Generator (Onan propane)
140 watt Solar Panel with controller, 2 Trojan Aux Batteries
20 inch LCD W DVD Player (Digital/Analog), TV Antenna w Amp
Alarm System, Back-up Camera, GPS, 600 watt Inverter
Bike Rack, Roof Ladder, 3 way refrigerator
Video tour of the exact same year model and layout of our new ride.
If there are any other pictures you would like to see or questions about our experiences, with this ride, so far drop us a line.



No comments:
Post a Comment