The Cape is a fun experience. It can be as rustic as you want or as high living as you want. We stopped along the way at a few different areas to take pictures and look around the Cape Cod Visitors Center. Stamped little Solomon's passport book and bought him a patch as it is Cape Cod National Seashore, Nauset Beach was a beautiful beach with quite the staircase down to the sand. There were a good amount of people there but I could only imagine how it is on the in season summer weekends... I don't really want to find out :) I like crowds in certain settings but the beach is not really one of them! The Nauset Lighthouse and the Three Sisters Lighthouse are all right there by that beach.
Solomon had never felt sand before or the oceans tide washing over his feet. He was so cute and just stared at us like what's the big deal and why is that water so cold :) It was fun to take pictures of the sign that warns you about the great white sharks in the water.... Eeeek... I'm not one for shark movies or basically anything that has to do with swimming things in the ocean however, I still got out there and snorkeled in Cancun when I had the chance but, I'll pass on playing in these waters! Wallowing around in the sand all day sweating in the hot sun and burning, even after applying an entire bottle of sunscreen to each limb, has never really been my idea of a perfect scene but I really enjoy doing almost anything for a short period of time.
![]() |
| Sign at Nauset Beach, Mass |
Anyway, back to our current road trip! We finally made it to Provincetown, MA at the very top of Cape Cod. We picked out our campsite at Coastal Acres Camping Court and walked into town where we instantly found out more about Provincetown than we knew that morning. We found out that Provincetown is one of the top destinations for Gay and Lesbian travel. We enjoyed our time walking around the little city and staring at the ocean. We ate at Babulu for dinner where I had fish and chips and Christopher had fried clams. We were excited for our seafood but it was pretty average tasting. With my tastebuds wanting more we stopped at Lewis Brothers Homemade Ice Cream and I had the BEST homemade coffee heath bar ice cream i've EVER had!!! It was so good that I'm still thinking about it! The Coastal Acres Camping Court has a really great path through pretty greenery that leads you right into town. While we were walking back that evening we stopped so I could take some pictures of a beautiful plant and out popped a fox right behind us!
![]() |
| Mr. Fox |
There are two lighthouses at the end of a very long rock dike there in Provincetown. We parked the van for a bit and decided to get as far as we could and only made it about halfway before the sun got to strong that early in the morning, and our parking meeter was going to run out.
![]() |
| Shekinah on rock dike |
It was so beautiful with all the boats docked by the little town. We've really enjoyed our road trip so far and next time I'll write about our two nights at Wompatuck State Park and Boston.
![]() |
| Docked Boats |










You should really talk to us sometime in the future about you staying at my parents' place in Seaview, WA. I think it fits your description perfectly :)
ReplyDeleteYes, we need to talk.
ReplyDelete